My favorite folks ! :)

25 September 2009

Winter Sheets - post 200

I think i should be embarrassed to have written 200 times in 6 months. I wasn't called "Chatty Cathy" as a child for nothing!

Duane went down hill to do the live scan fingerprinting to get him into the sheriff's department. (Volunteer, as Search & Rescue, part of the sheriff's dept.)

He'll be pleased when i get home to find winter sheets on the bed. I'm less than pleased to find the boxes i stored them in have left them musty smelling. I'll put in a container of baking soda & essential oil to store the summer sheets.

He would love to have flannel sheets. I love flannel, when they're new, too. But flannel pills & i hate pills. I'm like princess & the pea. Heavy flannel doesn't pill as much. But we compromised & our winter sheets are denim. Even these did pill some, but once they were brushed it didn't happen again.

Part of the problem is that nights in BB are so cold that he doesn't want summer sheets on until mid-June. And he's been teasing me to have them back since mid-August. So, i think he'll be pleased. I may break down & buy one set of heavy flannel, if i can find them, because these may get worn soon as much as we use them. I won't put the mattress warmer on until much later, however, probably in November.

What a mundane post for number 200! But, much of this blog is mundane, day to day things.

The sheets are really bugging me tho, i think i'm going to have to wash them.

Our aspen tree is beginning to go gold. The cottonwood too. It won't be long before our whole yard is bright golden colored. I miss having crimson & orange turning trees. The nights have been down near 32F & it won't be long before we will be waking to frost.

Then i'll post pics of golden sugarbear! :)

200

7 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

I put on our heavy flannel sheets last Sat. as the nights were cool. Then we warmed up and I so regretted doing so. Hot flashes and flannel are not a good mix!

Land of shimp said...

Kathryn, we switched to silk sheets a few years back. I found a place online that sells them for the same amount we were paying for our high-end cotton, and they are washable.

Works for us, and silk is one of those fabrics that is cool in the summer, warm in the winter. Just in case you wanted another option :-) I think the place I use is called Dream Sacks Bedding, or some such. If you end up wanting the link, let me know and I'll dig it up.

I'm like you in that I'm very finicky about bed sheets. I'm not going to fib, they are expensive but my husband gave me a set as a Christmas present a few years ago, and they turned out to be very durable.

Rosemary said...

Oh, I haven't gotten anything wintery out yet, although we did put a heavier blanket on the end of the bed in case the quilt doesn't cut it. Hard to believe that we're going into that weather again so quickly (it seems).

I love that you come over and visit me, I do try to get over as much as I can. This is not a mundane post, it is a nice general and reflective one. Congrats on hubby doing something so humanitarian as assisting in search and rescue!

Unknown said...

Congrats on 200! You did it much faster than I did!

Amrita said...

Congratulations for your 200th post.

I too like flannel sheets in the winter.

Meadowlark said...

Deep sigh....
I'm not allowed to put flannel on until as late as possible. :(

HOWEVER ---- I did buy a set of, get this: FLEECE sheets, yes polartec-y fleece, for the guest bed and that way when I'm cold on a Sunday afternoon I can go snuggle in there and be warm and cozy.

But I'm working on getting flannels back on the regular bed. It's just a matter of time.

Jena Webber said...

I've been such a sweat box lately that I'll have a hard time getting flannel on the bed, even though we had our first cool night last night. It felt good. It sounds like you get cooler weather there. I would buy some very cool plaid flannel sheets if I lived in a rustic setting like you do. I'd feel all L.L. Bean like...

thanks for your sweet comments on my post.