My favorite folks ! :)

01 November 2010

All Saints Day

There is a something (my mind isn't working all that well right now) where you post on your blog every day in November.  NaBloPro - that's not it, but something like that.  There is also the encouragement to write a novel in November.  A couple of folks i follow are doing that & posting it on a blog.

These didn't catch my attention - well, that's not true, but i didn't commit to either.  However, i just came across another one encouraging to write something of which you are grateful for every day in November.  That one resonates with me.  So, i'll do that, or try, even if it is a short post.  Some days it will be implemented in a larger one.


I am thankful that i can have tea (at a donut shop!) & knit every Monday morning.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to socialize a bit that way.




394

7 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

It is good to give thanks to God for the large and small things in life! I agree with the joy of knitting .. wish we lived closer so you could teach me a few stitches. I have a hard time understanding all of the abbreviations and how to do them.

Rosemary said...

I like the idea of expressing gratitude every day - that's a great way to appreciate all the little things we might otherwise take for granted.

Lorie said...

These are great things to be thankful for!

I saw those other challenges and thought about them for like 10 seconds. lol

I'm glad you can be out and enjoying the day. :)

Kathryn said...

Hi Mrs. Mac - i wish we were closer, too. :) Some of the abbreviations i still have to look up.

Rosemary, :) I think gratitude is so important to living a contented life. And i think sometimes we do forget all the things we need to be thankful for.

Lorie! The idea is from your blog. I was too lazy or rushed (don't remember which) to link back to you. Thank you for sharing this with us all. :)

betty said...

that does sound like a fun thing to be able to do, knitting, food and companionship! I bet you like Mondays :)

I did hear about the thankful post daily through November; should be fun to read what you are thankful for. The other one where you post daily in November (not the writing a novel one) I tried last year. I found by the end of the month I was ready for the month to be over to get out of blogging every day. I like to put a post up once or twice a day but I more enjoy reading what others have to say on their blogs :)

betty

Amrita said...

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. I echo your thought s Kathryn.

Have a blessed day.

Kathryn said...

Hi Betty. I do like Mondays. :) Took me a while to get the schedule in my head, but i so enjoy having that.

I don't see a reason to push myself to write every day (in a blog; when writing a novel or something daily writing is important). So the NaNoBlo thingy didn't really hold me. But to remember to voice gratitude every day IS something i value.

Hello Amrita. You are one of my most faithful (long-term) readers. I think you've been "with me" since the early days of my beginning to write. I'm so thankful for you. :)