My favorite folks ! :)

07 February 2013

A Change in Attitude


Years ago there was a card out that said something like:

I hate my hair, i hate my nose, i hate my arms, 
i hate my lips, i hate my ribs, i hate my thighs, i hate my shins, 
i hate my eyebrows, i hate my teeth, i hate my skin, i hate my hips . . . 





If i could just lose 10 pounds i'd be perfect!




This, of course, is a typical American attitude!  If that person lost 10 pounds, or 20 or 50, they probably still would not be content.  There are a lot of things about my life currently that i don't like.  Several of them are also things over which i have no control.  So i need to change my attitude, but i'm really struggling with that.  

I think i need to re-read Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl, and How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie, and Mister God, This is Anna by Fynn for good measure, too. Probably go back and review some of the things Gitz (Sara) wrote, too.  I struggle with what Sara wrote, sometimes, tho.  Her experience was just so outside my own experience and her attitude is beyond what i think i could expect.  In fact, sometimes all her writing does is put me to shame for my lack of faith and acceptance.   

Attitude is a choice, and i need to be making better choices, but it is a challenge, sometimes.  

If you are reading this, have you struggled with this?  What did you do?  Was it successful?

Wishing blessings on your day. 


492

No comments: