My favorite folks ! :)

09 January 2010

Why are titles so hard?

I rarely remember dreams. But then, i don't care what the experts say, i rarely dream either. On the days i wake & i know i've been dreaming even if i haven't any memory of the dream, i'm happy. Because when i have been dreaming i wake more rested. When i haven't been dreaming i wake & my eyes feel like (excuse the vulgarity) "piss holes in the snow." (A term from Siegfried in the James Herriot books.)

So, it is always more pleasant to be waking from a dream. Yesterday i did remember the dream i had had. Frankly, it started with a suicide pact, not sure what that is about. But later i was talking to a dear friend of mine & two other folks were there & being unkind to her. They were talking about her attributes & her weight. But they looked very similar to her in appearance. I told her to ignore them & just know that she is beautiful. But they continued disparaging her.

"They are narcissistic," i said to her.

And one of them responded, "I am NOT! I don't go in for that religious stuff!"

Funny the things your dreams create.

I'm in the mood to post some pics i like.


Duane took these on our honeymoon, 5+ years ago now. Most of them were taken in Yellowstone Park.

264

5 comments:

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Hey Kathryn, I jumped over here from SCL (see, someone did!) My wife and I find that we tend to dream vividly on the same nights. Weird, huh?

I'll be seeing you around the blogs!

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Hey Kathryn, you might have read the guest posts I've done on SCL. The last one was yesterday.

Wherever I go, I'm always looking at people, asking myself if I've seen them before.

Amrita said...

Like your honeymoom photos

Jo said...

I love your red hair...!

The pictures are gorgeous, especially the one at the top.

I dreamt the other night that it was World War Two, I was in Germany and the Nazis were chasing me. How on earth did I come up with that one!?

Sweet dreams tonight. :-)

Stacey said...

Lovely pics, Kathryn! I especially like the last one. Sweet.