My favorite folks ! :)

07 February 2010

No one particularly interested?

Today is a gorgeous day, blue sky, puffy white clouds, a temp near 35F.


So, i don't know really what is the matter with me. I returned home from church quite depressed. All i want to do is pull the covers over my head. What is my problem???

Part of it, i think, is that no one is really all that interested in the Superbowl. I enjoy football, but i'm not an avid fan. Somehow Superbowl Sunday snuck up on me. How is it possible it is time already? But no one i know is all that interested in the outcome of the game. For me, Superbowl Sunday is a day where you get together with friends & enjoy it. Except, there is no one to get together with.

I know there are some other issues for me, too. For now i think i'll just enjoy watching the squirrels & chickadees.

(The pic is from three years ago. We have much, much more snow than this, but this shows off one of the puffy clouds like what i'm seeing now.)

287

6 comments:

Amrita said...

Hi Kathryn, hope you enjoyed Superbowl and your team won.

Here they screen some sp[orts in restaurants, hotels and even in multiplexes where you can watch with other fans.

The sunny photos is quite cheerie

Land of shimp said...

I'm sorry you felt a bit let down, Kathryn. But there are all sorts of reasons to gather, and celebrate. If the folks around you aren't interested in football, maybe you could simply have some other sort of party that does interest them?

Particularly if the people in your area aren't interested in football, what a perfect time to have a Superbowl Alternative party. Maybe next year :-)

I don't watch the Superbowl or football (or any sports for that matter) and neither does my husband. My son had his friends over and they had their own Superbowl party in the basement (so I made food for them). But whereas I haven't watched the Superbowl in...twenty years?...I frequently do go to a friends alternative party, where board games are played, or a movie watched, etc.

I opted out this year so I could help my son with his own gathering, but that's a good option, having the alternative party, if you want to gather :-)

Hope you're feeling better!

Stacey said...

On the contrary! This is the first time in my 33 years that I've cared about the Super Bowl. I am thrilled and my whole family is on cloud nine because of the Saints' victory. So happy for my home state right now! And I'm not even a football fan. :)

I'm glad you are enjoying nature and beautiful blue skies! Hope you are doing well today, friend.

lisa said...

Look to the pictures for an up lift when you are blue, seems to help me alot!

Cheri Pryor said...

We did't have any local friends particularly interested, but it was fun having a superbowl party on someone's facebook page. lol!!

millhill said...

I watched the Super Bowl alone... so did my sister and we called each other back and forth throughout. It really would be more fun to have a party but I don't see too many parties in my future.
I love that the Saints won!!!!! I felt really good and had a big smile on my face when it ended. (I can't stand Peyton Manning)