My favorite folks ! :)

16 July 2010

Funny bits

Well, i don't know about funny.  Do i write funny?  I don't think i do.
 
I was over at Lone Grey Squirrel blog & he posted a link to "I Write Like" that compares your own writing to that of a well-known author. I'm not sure i'll do this right, for i'm very limited in HTML experience.  It is trying to sell stuff, of course, but still fun.  If it doesn't show up here, it says i write like Stephen King.  Which isn't too surprising as i read him.  Currently re-reading The Stand, in fact.  Although, i honestly think i'm more influenced in my writing style by L.M. Montgomery or Agatha Christie. 
In case the HTML doesn't show up, here's the link:  I Write Like
 
(Well, i just put in some text from my other blog & it says i write there like Arthur Conan Doyle, so i don't know about this thing.  Fun to look at maybe.)


I write like
Stephen King
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

The phone is still down at our house.  When we got home yesterday, neither the phone or internet was working, which meant we have no contact with the outside world as we've never hooked up a land-line.  (Well, we did once, never used it, & eventually dropped it.)  We got the internet issue resolved, but the phones still aren't working.  We drove into town so that we could call & report it.
 
Ok, i've been doing other things today.  It is 20 minutes to 4 & we still have no phone.  For 24 hours that we know about.  We had a thunder storm go thru yesterday, so we're assuming that the cell tower was hit.  We can't get roaming, either.   

I got to go down the hill today for a while & see my friends Jessica & Jerry & their friend Janet.  (I was the only "K" at the lunch table!)  It was a joy all around.  Traffic was a b kitty up & down the hill.  I tried both front & back ways (back way down, front way up) & neither was any good.  Glad to be home.  :)

I've got more to say, & pics to share, too, but we're off the see a movie.  I'd like to see Inception, but Duane is leaning toward The Sorcerer's Apprentice.  We'll probably see that one today, & the other later.

357

4 comments:

Amrita said...

I like Agatha Christie and read some S King too.

Rosemary said...

Okay, so I tried out this I Write Like and I came up as Margaret Mitchell, author of Gone with the Wind, so I'm off to write a great American novel, make scads of moolah and sell it off to Hollywood! Woo hoo!!!!

Cheri Pryor said...

I tried this and depending on which things I pick from my blog I write like Cory Doctorow (I had to look him up) and Ray Bradbury.

I blog about real life things. These are both science fiction writers. I guess my life is like science fiction? lol!!

Kathryn said...

:) Amrita. Reading is such a nice escape.

Will you still be my friend when you are rich & famous, Rosemary? (Oh, i forgot, you already are, retired Superhero & all.) :) At least if you come to Hollywood you'll be close enough to visit, tho i've not gone there for many, many years. Hollywood, CA is only 105 miles from us.

I've never heard of Cory Doctorow, either, Cheri. I guess that site isn't just bunk. (I'd begun to think, after putting in several different things from different people & always getting the same 3 names, that they just had about 5 authors listed & it came up randomly.)

A life of science-fiction sounds, um, interesting. There is an old Chinese curse, "May you live an interesting life." But then i'd get to read about it at your blog. :)