My favorite folks ! :)

18 December 2013

Connections

I've quite a number of friends on Facebook these days.  Many are not what i consider "friends" but more people i've come across with similar interests.

At least i have enough friends now that when someone "unfriends" me i am not usually aware of it.  Many people who are "friends" post things i find distressing and so i tend to change their status so that i don't often see their posts.

Quite by accident i learned a while ago that someone i knew from high school had "unfriended" me.  It bothered me a lot.  I thought about it, and then i was able to let go of it.  She wasn't someone with whom i connected much, and so i was able to tell myself it didn't matter.

Yesterday i discovered someone else has done that, too, only this is someone to whom i did feel a long-term connection.  We still belong to a friends group, so i wasn't aware of this before.  She has done this with a number of people.  In fact, i heard it there first before i went to check.  They were hurt, but i didn't expect to be.  I found i was wrong.  I understand her reasons.  She is in very poor health and is having to limit her interactions.  She is sick and frail.  I don't know that i'm hurt so much as i feel sad at the loss of connection.

It scares me a little, too, because she is someone who was vastly injured by the medical profession (and is a very intelligent RN herself - much more knowledgeable than most MDs).  But the scare is that she is someone who has done EVERYTHING right - good diet, limit of meds, good supplements, etc., and to find that she is frail and in poor health (maybe in her last days), tells me that even if you do all the right things after being injured, sometimes it is not enough.

I want to believe that i will regain at least some of my functioning.  This tells me that there is at least the possibility i will not.  Positive attitude is everything, but i also have to live in my reality.

Still other years:




534

No comments: