My favorite folks ! :)

17 December 2013

Life - what more to say?

I arrived at work today to find the Christmas card of the doc's family is announcing a baby boy to arrive in the spring.

Need i say i am often envious of this family and their good fortune?  I'm happy for them, but i really wish he'd given me a head's up on the thing.  I need some time to process.

On the way down the hill Duane and i were discussing various things as we are wont to do.  I mentioned that several people have expressed surprise that i'm not on seizure meds.  That puzzles me frankly, because we KNOW the seizure was a combination of stress and dehydration.  If i work at not being dehydrated, i'm not having any problems.  Why then would i take seizure meds?

???????

If you treat the CAUSE of something (if able), then taking meds for symptoms is worthless, or dangerous.

It then occurred to me what my life might be like if i had not addressed the dehydration but began taking meds.  OMG.  I said to Duane, "Can you imagine what would happen to me if i took meds for seizures but never drank more water?"

He looked very serious and said, "I don't want to think about it."

Frankly, neither do i, beyond saying i am sure horrible things would have happened, and i find the very thought of it scary.

He asked me what i want for Christmas.  There is no good answer to that.  I don't need or want for anything.  The things i do want - more energy and functioning, better memory and health, children, to lose weight - he cannot give me.  I'm so thankful for all that we have.  The things i so greatly desire are out of reach.

I've not taken pics of our Christmas tree yet.  Here are some winter pics from other years.






533

No comments: