My favorite folks ! :)

23 February 2013

Thus and such


The veggie things yesterday were good.  I blew my diet.  I was thinking that those wrappers were so very thin and light that they couldn't have too many carbs.  Well, i was right when i only had one of these total.  However, she also had rice noodles.  I didn't take a lot, but when i looked it up later, oh yeah, a ton of carbs.  I would have done better to do veggies only.



Ours looked about like this.  She let each of us fill and wrap them ourselves.  We didn't do any meat in them and i didn't think to take a pic.

It sounds like i'm over-reacting on the diet.  However, the goal of this diet is to change my metabolism so that my body burns fat (ketos) instead of sugar (glucose).  Too many carbs short-circuits the process.  When my body expects glucose to burn and gets none, i get faint-feeling and dizzy and have trouble thinking.  So it is important, for now, to keep those carbs very, very low.  What that did yesterday was make me crave all kinds of things.  Mostly i settled for some cherry tomatoes, which over all wasn't too bad, but the total carbs for the day was rather high.

I have to keep reminding myself of why this is important to me.  One, of course, is that i really, really want to lose weight.  I'm not huge, huge, but i do not want to be the size i am.  The other is that i am so hoping that burning fat instead of sugar will help me to have more energy.  And weighing less could help with that!



Right now i'm falling between 35% and 40%.  A good goal for me would be to be between 25% and 30%.  I don't think it would be possible for me to get much smaller than that and be healthy.  Of course, i won't look like the pics above, anyway.  These folks are obviously much younger than i am.  Yeah, i think the "ideal" is the 15-17% pic, but i'm not going for some illusive number, but what will work for me.

A friend reminded me that this diet "Won't cure CFIDS/ME (Chronic Fatigue and Immune Deficiency Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis or Myalgic Encephalopathy)."

She's right, of course, but at this point i'm willing to do whatever i can to try and improve my functioning.  Besides, while i may fall into this diagnosis, i believe that i came by it thru fluoride poisoning.  So maybe what is true for many others won't be quite the same for me.

We are all individual, both in how our bodies work and how we react to things.  I need to work within a realistic limit.


506  

No comments: