Two posts on the same day! Except the day i did all the pics, i don't think i've done that before.
"It's a Dead Man's Party" is the song that keeps going thru my head! In Oct/Nov/Dec i was seeing a client in town after she got off work, so i was driving into town every Friday about 5 PM. And i discovered that our local radio station, KBHR, always plays this song Friday at 5 PM.
I am so impressed with all the blogs i've seen thru this.
I've come across two gluten-free ones, & one that is simply wonderful called "The Baby Dust Diaries." For anyone not familiar with trying to have a family & struggling over it, i've linked this to the page "how to support a friend with IF." Wonderful. She knows, she "gets it" 'cause she's been there. I especially appreciate her comment on "you can always adopt." Truth is, that may or may not be true, but it can be cruel when you are not yet ready to make that choice.
Anyway, i'm most impressed with all the wonderful blogs. My blog list keeps getting longer & longer. (I only have a few posted on my side bar, most of them are listed on my dashboard.)
Most everyone seems to be giving an introduction to themselves. I can think of a billion & one things to say, & so have been trying to think of the most important things to use to introduce me.
- I love the Lord Jesus.
- We are quite active in our small Lutheran church, but i miss the Anglican church a lot!
- I am married to the most wonderful man ever! We fit together so well.
- I was married before, quite young. Lot to say on that, but what's the point.
- My husband is Duane & we met almost 6 years ago.
- We married 10 Sept 2004, so we're coming up on 5 years.
-Two years ago we moved out of Orange County, CA to a small resort community (Big Bear) 100 miles east in the mountains.
- We call our house "Sugarbear."
- We still go to OC for a couple of days a week to work, but the rest of the time we work from home.
- Duane is a computer guy - very good at it - & can do much of his work at home.
- I'm a Massage Therapist. I do mostly a therapeutic practice: pain management, etc. I haven't quite found my nitch to work in BB yet. I do have my license & do some work occasionally.
- We sooooooo want a family.
- We lost our only pregnancy at 10+ weeks.
- Duane swore it was a girl. We call her "Kaylee." Her due date was 26 May 2006.
- The blogs i follow closely are ones about waiting on the Lord. We want to follow the Lord's leading.
- We have two wonderful, funny cats. (Duane is a dog person, but the cats grew on him.)
- I'm very new to blogging. Never even read one until mid-January. I follow all kinds of blogs - following Jesus, families, pregnant, trying to be pregnant, loss, single people, funny people, photography, art. I follow the Pioneer Woman, but i think everyone in the world does!
- I belong to the most wonderful Girlfriend's group. I blog about it a few posts down.
One thing that has become clear to me thru reading blogs: There are a lot of people out there truly, sincerely trying to honor God & follow his leading. Our pastor tends to downplay this so that in hearing him i began to think there are not many Christians left in the world & that many who use the name "Christian" are no longer following the leading of Jesus. It is obvious from the blogging world that this simply is not true. We might be a minority but there are a lot of people seeking to live for Christ.
This is plenty. Thanks for joining me! I'm looking forward to meeting more folks online.