Then i discover, to my great surprise, that i've been nominated for an "award" & tagged for a meme! I'm kind of overwhelmed. Please remember that i'm very new to blogging (my first post was in January) so if i mess up i may not even know it. What i find funny, is that some of the folks i may tag may not even be aware i'm following them! And some of them have such a large following they may have already done this or don't want to.
Michelle at Home Decorating News nominated me for the Attitude of Gratitude Award. Wow. What to say?
Here are her instructions:
- put the logo on your blog or post
- nominate at least 10 blogs that show an an attitude of gratitude
- link to your nominees within your post
- comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
- share the love & link to this post & the person who nominated you for the award
- tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude
- Joannah at All things New. She has a lovely blog & so much grace in dealing with life.
- Blog Schmog, GlutenFree4Goofs (i've discovered i don't know the names of several folks i follow!) She is a busy, lovely mama, funny & talented & sharing her gluten free & healthy life.
- Donna at By His Grace Alone shares her life & wisdom with humor & grace!
- Pamela Jeanne at Coming 2 Terms who shares the struggle of child free not by choice. She's just written a book i plan to purchase.
- Mandie at Cultivating Joy another busy mama who is doing wonderful things for her children & our world. She also posts pics of her crafts. I love the profile description she has.
- Stacy at In Its Time who has been thru so much, & God has blessed her with a son & soon to have a daughter join them as well.
- Lucy at looking for something deeper . . . who shares thoughts, philosophy, life, & chronic illness. Also check out her rabbit Charlie's blog. He is a character! The link is at her site.
- Don't miss Linda at The Gluten-Free Homemaker. She has a big following & so much good advice on healthy living as well as cooking gluten free.
- Thoughts by Kim is cute, sassy, & a lot of fun as she grabs life by the tail no matter what it throws at her.
- Stacey's Thoughts on Infertility is fun, thoughtful, inspiring. She's coming up on her one year anniversary of blogging.
Thank you Michelle. It was so sweet & thoughtful for you to include me in your ten.
Another person who belongs in my list of ten is Paige at The Baby Dust Diaries. She tagged me in an 8 Meme. (Remember, i've not done this before!)
Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To:
- a massage tomorrow
- visiting the Appalachian Mountains with Duane in June
- possibly meeting dear friends Patty & Dawn & John in person (on line best girlfriends)
- someday doing home remodel (especially upstairs bathroom)
- the 6 year anniversary of meeting Duane (17 May)
- our 5 year wedding anniversary (10 September)
- having more energy for living
- meeting my Lord in heaven & being in the presence of God!
- attended church
- visited with Dawn on the phone
- read part of my book
- spent a lot of time online
- teased the cats
- did three loads of laundry
- had a fire in the wood stove (it was chilly)
- watched TV
Eight Things I Wish I Could Do:
- make fewer darn typos!
- be a mama
- sleep restfully
- have energy to live a full life
- stop being a procrastinator
- have more days at home
- be a better gardner
- be a better cook
- 60 Minutes
- almost anything SciFi
- KC @ Books & Boys
- Curly Muse @ Discovering Mars
- Rosemary @ Free Advice Worth Every Penny
- Jana @ I Can't Wanna
- Pablo Fan Club
- David @ Sugarloaf Mountain (he actually titled his post today "Eight")
- Kristen @ We Are THAT Family
- Amrita @ Yesu Garden
Thank you Paige, for thinking of me!
Now, i have to go off & notify all these folks! :) (I kind of need a smile today, so let's share one!)