My favorite folks ! :)

09 January 2010

Why are titles so hard?

I rarely remember dreams. But then, i don't care what the experts say, i rarely dream either. On the days i wake & i know i've been dreaming even if i haven't any memory of the dream, i'm happy. Because when i have been dreaming i wake more rested. When i haven't been dreaming i wake & my eyes feel like (excuse the vulgarity) "piss holes in the snow." (A term from Siegfried in the James Herriot books.)

So, it is always more pleasant to be waking from a dream. Yesterday i did remember the dream i had had. Frankly, it started with a suicide pact, not sure what that is about. But later i was talking to a dear friend of mine & two other folks were there & being unkind to her. They were talking about her attributes & her weight. But they looked very similar to her in appearance. I told her to ignore them & just know that she is beautiful. But they continued disparaging her.

"They are narcissistic," i said to her.

And one of them responded, "I am NOT! I don't go in for that religious stuff!"

Funny the things your dreams create.

I'm in the mood to post some pics i like.


Duane took these on our honeymoon, 5+ years ago now. Most of them were taken in Yellowstone Park.

264

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathryn, I jumped over here from SCL (see, someone did!) My wife and I find that we tend to dream vividly on the same nights. Weird, huh?

I'll be seeing you around the blogs!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathryn, you might have read the guest posts I've done on SCL. The last one was yesterday.

Wherever I go, I'm always looking at people, asking myself if I've seen them before.

Amrita said...

Like your honeymoom photos

Jo said...

I love your red hair...!

The pictures are gorgeous, especially the one at the top.

I dreamt the other night that it was World War Two, I was in Germany and the Nazis were chasing me. How on earth did I come up with that one!?

Sweet dreams tonight. :-)

Stacey said...

Lovely pics, Kathryn! I especially like the last one. Sweet.