My favorite folks ! :)

07 October 2010

The sad story

This has been a week!  I wish i had stayed home.  

This is more "stupid story" than sad.



I went to a women's salad dinner Tuesday night at the church where Duane & i were married.  I'll probably write about that at my "religious" blog, for i've much to say.  Anyway, "salad" usually by definition usually includes lettuce, which i'm now not eating.  (Folks ask me "all types of lettuce?" to which i don't have an answer because the test simply said "lettuce," so i don't know if they checked iceberg, or Romaine, or what, so i'm avoiding all.)  So i went to my favorite health food store & went thru their salad bar & got spinach, shaved carrots & beets, olives, & some flaked salmon.  I then also purchased some sunflower seeds & dumped them over the salad.


During the course of the meeting i must have done something stupid like speaking with some food in my mouth (there's a reason mamas told us not to do this) & aspirated a sunflower seed.  I spent much of the rest of the evening in coughing bouts (leaving the room to do so) & was in a lot of discomfort.  I was still in pain yesterday morning, so i went to the ER.  I didn't have to wait long to be seen, but had to wait a long time before a pulmonologist came & used a scope to check (trying to find the seed i believed to still be there).  They didn't find anything, said i must have coughed it up, but my lungs are now highly inflamed from all the coughing.  I'll be staying home next week, but it will largely be recovery.  Any talking or much physical exertion & i'm coughing up a storm again.  


I hate it when i do stupid things.  Am i the only one (who does things they wish they'd not)?



388

5 comments:

Bobkat said...

Nope, there is at least one other person and that would be me! Hope you feel better soon. It sounds really painful :(

Rosemary said...

That's a purely rhetorical question right? We all do things we look back on and shake our heads. It was an accident, don't be too hard on yourself but I'm glad you are getting better. What a scare for you and it does sound very uncomfortable to say the least. I keep you in my prayers and will add an extra couple for a speedy recovery. (((BIG CYBER HUGS)))

betty said...

that does sound very uncomfortable; I've done so many stupid things I've lost count over the years; hope you feel better soon!

betty

Amrita said...

Hope you 've got over it by now.

In cases like this we drink lots of water and eat a piece of dry bread like chapati.

lisa said...

Boy, I can't even count on one hand the things that I have done that was really stupid and shouldn't of done it! So don't feel bad!!