My favorite folks ! :)

12 February 2011

Weekend post

 It is a beautiful day in Big Bear.  It is 52F out, tho our low was 12.  There is not a cloud in our deep blue sky, tho snow is predicted later this week.  


I need to go out soon and run some errands.  


My grandmother died on Wednesday morning.  I am not grieving, i think.  We were not close.  I had only seen her 4 times since i was 19, and that was largely because of that visit when i was 19.  However, she did an honorable job of raising 8 children during hard circumstances and deprivation.  She was 93 and had lived a very full life.



Duane has had a sketch that he draws.  I think, before he met me, he used to sign birthday cards to friends and family with a funny sketch.  




This is one he did in 2005.  But we kind of got out of the habit of doing it.  I wasn't very good about sending cards for a while.  But it is my intent to keep up with birthday cards this year.  



 So, since i'm doing this more, and he's drawing it more, i thought i might have it made into a rubber stamp.  Occasionally i have to send things out (may have forgotten until the last minute) and don't have time to track him down to do this for me.  I took one of his drawings and traced it for the above image.  He may make some changes to it to make it more authentic and his own, but i think i'd like a rubber stamp.  

That is what i've spent the last hour or so doing. Duane and i don't celebrate things like Valentine's Day really, and of course for us we don't celebrate Mothers'/Fathers' days.  But we do have our own fun rituals like his funny signature image, and we do a number of different things too.

How is your weekend?  Do you feel like spring is on its way? Do you have any rituals that make your life complete?



439

3 comments:

kare said...

Oh, This Is Adorable Kathryn! This Is Romantic to the core Really. i Love it.
My Hub always goes into overdrive with silly cards..A couple times a year i'll get 3 @ a time!!)
& He calls me Mama 'cause we have 2 babies in Heaven..and some young folks who say we're their 2nd Parents!
Our Men-folk are lovely...aren't they. <3
Happy Valentines to You Both!
*kare

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your grandma.

That sketch is one of a kind. It's a good idea to get a rubber stamp done. I think it is uniquely you guys.

Amrita said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma.

Duane 's sletches are really cute.