My favorite folks ! :)

02 April 2009

Something I Do Everyday









Every day but Tuesday.



I
watch the squirrels play!



(This is the deck outside my bedroom.)










Brought to you courtesy of Amber. Check out Everything but
the Grill picture challenge.



Edit: Answer to Amrita's question - yes i do feed the squirrels. I have a couple of dishes right outside that door. I've read that a diet of peanuts & sunflower seeds is not very good for them. Raw peanuts in particular can make them sick. So i buy roasted, unsalted peanuts from the health food store, raw sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, & some nuts. (I can't afford to feed them too many nuts.) They seem to like this diet. Squirrels are very territorial. They chase each other a lot. Also, Mac & Jazz want to chase them very much. I had the door open a crack for fresh air last year before we got the screen. Mac got a paw out & patted the squirrel on the butt. That squirrel flew about 2 feet in the air & sat on the railing & chewed us out for half an hour!

I wanted a short post today! LOL Guess i talk so much i can't do short posts.




68

11 comments:

Amrita said...

That 's a relaxing activity. Do you put out food for them. We have small chipmunks. I love watching them and the birds.

Dorinda said...

I love your squirrel pictures!

Amber D. said...

We also watch the birds and the squirrels out our window. We feed them and they provide so much entertainment for us. I got a picture of one smiling at us the other day- I swear!

Amber D. said...

And one more thing... what color are yours? They look like they have a grey-ish color?

Kathryn said...

We feed the birds, too.

Yes, they are grey with cream tummies. Western Grey Squirrels.

Duane says they are also flying squirrels, but i've not seen them do that.

Colette S said...

I would love to see that Squirrel doing the chewing out :)

Since we moved here I haven't seen anymore of them.

I love watching them when I go to visit mom and dad in AZ in the winter.

KL - No said...

Great pics! We have squirrels that love to torment out dogs in our back yard. They know to stay just the right height above the fence to drive the dogs crazy and still be safe.
Thanks for stopping by my blog again!

Alicia said...

That's hysterical!

Amber D. said...

I have never seen grey ones. We have brown and black around here. The black ones are beautiful.

joeybelle said...

GREAT photos!! (and story too!)

MJW said...

Cute! My dog ran into the screen door tonight trying to "chase" a squirrel. Reminded me of that with your cat. Fun story!