This was, quite honestly, a difficult weekend. It had its very good points, but it had very difficult ones as well. I think i could easily turn this into a whinging rant, but want to focus elsewhere instead. I want to list the good things from my family. This list isn't very easy for me. Truth is, for every good point i have at least ten bad ones, but i want to focus on the positives. Here they are:
- I appreciate that they taught me to love Jesus, & took us to churches that taught the Word of God.
- They put a big focus on family & the importance of family connections.
- They put a funny spin even on the difficult things & taught a love of humour & laughter.
- Mother taught me to sew & to do it properly.
- Daddy taught me to ride a bike & later to drive a stick shift.
- They built a lovely home in which for us to live.
- We were able to have animals on their property. I had three horses when i was growing up.
- They grew a garden & fed us healthy food (i didn't appreciate this & all the work it took until very recently).
- They did (once i was a teenager) encourage my friends to come to the house sometimes.
- Mother allowed me to sing with a youth choir & drove me to all the practices.
- They paid for me to have violin lessons, piano lessons, & voice lessons.
- They allowed me to babysit at a young age.
- They allowed me to have a waitress job when i was old enough.
- I was allowed to use that money to purchase contacts (i hated glasses - i still do!)
- They taught me to take responsibility for my actions & to live responsibly.
- They taught me empathy for others.
- Since i've been an adult they have been supportive of many of the choices i've maed & they have been quite generous as well.
- They did indeed stay married for 50 years & upheld that commitment to one another.
I do want to honor my parents for what they have done.